If you are serious about staying fit through swimming, whether it is to take on regular ocean swims, competing in triathlon or just love to test yourself and develop your own swimming with like-minded adults on a regular basis – these squads are for you!
Swimmers range in age from 21 - mid 80's.
Our swimmers are a team, and make the most of training smart with coffee and breakfast to follow. Great communication and ability to follow instructions, share ideas and respect each other are key to being part of our squad.
(And we also acknowledge that swimmers have real lives and we try and work around that)
Limited places are available. Monday/Wednesday/Friday 6am and 7am is full - waitlist only.
Qualifying to swim:
- Generally, swimmers should be able to swim minimum 1,500m in 30 minutes.
- Ladies swim fit participants should be able to swim 500m continuously (freestyle)
- Keen to join us? Please register to arrange a trial swim via the registatration link above - select Trial
Our Session Structure:
- Sessions are focused on a continuous session combining aerobic development and technique (through drills). Sessions change through the season to reflect what the majority of the squad are working towards. (Generally, Summer is more continuous for speed/endurance and Winter focuses on technique development with plenty of base fitness).
- All sessions are one hour, and swimmers will cover up to 3200m in a session (depending on the focus and swim fitness/ability)
When we swim
Swimmers generally swim either MWF or TTS and in either the 6am, 7am or 8am squad consistently.
This helps with lane flow as the small groups get to know each other and each others strengths and weaknesses meaning minimal disruption and great camaraderie.
Please note some of our squad times are either full or close to capacity - please contact us for options.
Our Ladies (only) squads swim Tues and Thurs 9.30am - 10.30am during School term only. There is an option for some of these swimmers to attend additional sessions be arrangement (typically Saturday 8am squad).
(Our squads don't swim on public holiday weekends or over the Christmas break - as we are all away making the most of our fitness and swim skills...or just recovering!)
Regular Squads: $85 per month for up to three swims per week. All swimmers pay by direct debit and sign up is via the sign up link on this site.
Concession cards (electronic) are avaiable for our Ladies Squad and by arrangement. They are $90 for 10 swims and are purchased on registration.
Pool entry is additional, and we have exclusive membership prices for our active members. We will email all the details on joining the squad or contact Kathy at The Olympic for details.